Monday, May 17, 2010

Day 24- Understanding the Exposure Triangle

So many macro pictures. So so so so many. I think about 200 each class. Why can't they do this for every assignment? Of course it's the assignment where they get to go take pictures of pretty flowers that they try so hard on. Oh well, I'm happy they can take such good macro pictures. Although hopefully they still take really good other pictures as well, and don't end up with portfolios like the last set where 6 or 7 of the 10 are of flowers.

What a lot of the kids did this class was take pictures of bees. Lots and lots of bees in flowers. Especially in sunflowers. Some of them turned out really cool looking. Others were just really blurry. That's a consistent problem with macro pictures, real blurry. I'd like to see a set of blurry pictures that results in a good one. I saw it once, there were I think 7 in a row and the first 6 were blurry and from different angles and then the last one was perfect. Instead I just get 2 blurry ones and giving up. At least there're 2 and not just one. Staying positive.

Food to flower ratio was still extremely low, but a lot higher than the last set of classes. Before I had maybe one food picture for every 3 students. This time I think that everyone person that did the assignment also took a couple of food ones.

Zia

Zia

Zia

Wajeh

Shukrilla

Shukrilla

Izat Ullah

Qadir

Aziz Uhrahman

Aman

Aman

After collecting pictures, Hidayat taught them all about the exposure triangle, ISO, shutter speed, and aperture. I'm a little worried what they actually learned. I get so nervous when I'm not the one teaching. But I also get so nervous when I'm having them translate because a couple of times they'll turn and speak, and I assume they just translated it for me. Then one of the students will say, "Sir, he just said he has no idea what you're talking about, sir, you said something about cameras, sir, can you repeat it please, sir?" And my teacher was just going to have me keep teaching and just skip whatever I said all together.

The next class had the exact same result. Tons of macro flowers, a decent amount of macro food, and lots of blurry ones. It's so depressing sometimes when they come so so close to having an amazing picture, but their angle is off, or it's not clear enough, or there's a giant glare from the sun/flash. Just have to remember they're beginners, the fact that they're taking pictures that are almost amazing is still really impressive. Plus they do have some really great photos.


Izat Ullah

Zabeh Ullah

Abdul Wahid


Abdul Wahid

Abdul Wahid

Abdul Wahid

Abdul Wahid

Abdul Wahid

Abdul Wahid

Abdul Wahid

Abdul Wahid

Apparently Abdul Wahid took a million photos and everyone else just took a few in this class. So good job Abdul, some great photos.

All Rights Reserved by photographers, 2010, for all photos. Please contact info@fablab.af for individual rights.

1 comment: