Monday, April 19, 2010

Day 4- Rule of Thirds Part 2

No more interesting and fascinating stories to tell about getting todays classes started. I showed up, had my 10 students come in, no more problems. I went over the exact same thing with this class as I did the women, Rule of Thirds, various types of photography, long term assignment, days assignment.

The next class I ended up with less students somehow, one new student but a few other students who apparently couldn't make it. We'll have to find out next class. I've discovered that this class goes by much much quicker than any of my other classes, and it's because I don't do nearly as much talking in this one. For this class, Rahmat has just finished translating all of the same things, so I don't have to talk a class full of students who don't understand me and then have Rahmat translate, instead Rahmat just talks and I help when Rahmat doesn't remember something or if any students have new questions. Which is sort of silly as this class has a lot more older students and professors who speak English and would benefit from hearing me talk a lot more, something I'll need to find a way to fix...

Interestingly enough, the evocative photo, again taken from the web, which brought out the most emotions in both male classes was the following one, the emotion being laughter...
On the positive side after some evil glares from my own person and once I explained that they're in line because they're all homeless/widows and obtaining some sort of money or refugee housing assignments or something of the sort, and that they're standing barefoot in the snow, the laughter died down significantly


So for the next next post I'll hopefully have lots of good portrait photos from my two male classes to share with everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment