Thursday, April 29, 2010

Day 12- Still Life Part 2

Everyone always seems to come late to both of my guys classes. Not really sure why. Before class began, we had to do some quick re scheduling. Wednesday and Thursday are Afghan holidays, and the Sharwali is closed, so we couldn't have classes on Thursday. Instead we'll do a two hour class on the next class today. Starting an hour earlier. They all assure me that they'll be able to come on time for it. We'll see how that goes.

Not so sure why, but very few pictures for this assignment. But, thankfully, everybody was present, so I told them I expect every single person to be turning in assignment for the next class.


Said Bilal

Said Bilal

Samir

Safi Ullah

Safi Ullah

Jawed

Omid

For this class, since they're missing one, they have a double assignment. In addition to their still life photograph that I want them to take, they have the next classes assignment, which is two photos, the first, a photo of a single tree, and the second a picture of wind. As wind is not something that's visible, they're going to have a fun time trying to find a way of capturing a picture that gives the viewer a distinct feeling that it's windy. As Afghanistan often has dust storms and is quite windy, I'm hoping this will be an easy assignment. I'm also wondering how many people are going to show up with all three assignments, they have plenty of time.

Same problem for the next guys class, everyone's late. Since I don't have time to run a 4 hour class (2 two hour classes), instead, they'll have a regular one hour, then the next class they'll run a 2 hour class. They also assured me this would be no problem, despite the fact that most of them can't make it on time on a regular day, they say they can make it an hour early in two classes. We shall see.

A lot more pictures in this class than the first one. Still, overall, not so many sunset/sunrise pictures. And 0 low light pictures from anyone. Must not have done a very good job of explaining that one to my students....


Nasir

Nasir

Nasir

Hameed

Hameed

Hameed

Nasir

Nasir

Hameed

Hameed

So apparently I didn't get a much better turn out. I guess I just got a lot more pictures from a lot fewer people. Realized that as I was going through and naming everybody and was naming the same two people for each picture.... so great job Hameed and Nasir.

This class has just the one still life assignment. They'll get a double assignment after the next class since that'll be when their two hour class is. Since today I believe was the first day that I had every single one of my 7 older students show up (half an hour late in some cases, but showing up none the less) I told them that I expected 7 people with still life photographs. They had the excuse that I wasn't here last class or something like that. I didn't get excuses from everyone because I thought I had a lot more people turning in assignments, should pay more attention as I'm collecting next time....

All Rights Reserved by photographers, 2010, for all photos. Please contact info@fablab.af for individual rights.

No comments:

Post a Comment